THE BEST CONCERT EVER!


The best concert I was in was the WOMAD. This super concert was between February 16 and 18 in Recoleta, Santiago, Chile. This festival lasted 3 days and had many spectacular things.



All along the day, different workshops were performed: circus, poetry, afro-colombian dance, world cinemas, Andean dance, Madagascar music, vertical gardens, mural painting, song composition, etc. The atmosphere was incredible: complete families, children, seniors, men, women of all ages.




Everyone enjoyed an excellent family atmosphere to the beat of beautiful music. Best of all: three stages where artists from the entire world played music of many musical styles.  In my memory I keep some of the artists I saw:

- The excellent Chilean group “Congreso”.

Resultado de imagen para grupo congreso


- Le vent du Nord: a Canadian group, in which a woman sang with an incredibly beautiful voice.

- Vocals Sampling: this group drove me crazy! Are six Cuban men who played many songs (“Hotel california” (The eagles); “Buscando Guayaba” (Rubén blades); “Every Breathe you take (Sting); etc.) only with their voices. Each one interpreted a musical instrument only with their voice. Something really amazing!

- Bombino: a funk group from Niger, really very talented with a special energy in its music.

For me, the WOMAD festival was great. I left with an indescribable energy. It was a kind of Lollapalooza, but best of all it was ABSOLUTELY FREE! I'm waiting for the WOMAD 2019.

Point Apart: the best concert of all history is Queen at Wembley in 1986.




Comentarios

  1. I didn't hear about this concert and sounds really good, I hope to go to some of the next versions (bur it's difficult because i usually go out in February)

    ResponderEliminar
  2. I agree with the mention of Queen concert in Wembley.

    Also, if you like Vocals Sampling, I recomended a band that's called Take 6.

    ResponderEliminar

Publicar un comentario

Entradas populares de este blog

A country I'd like to visit: the land of Latin American Superstar!!

Are you into social media??

MY FAVOURITE TV SERIES!